Our mission to help you navigate the new normal is fueled by subscribers. To enjoy unlimited access to our journalism, subscribe today.
The Black Bay Fifty-Eight has been a highly in-demand watch since it was unveiled by Tudor at the Baselworld fair in March 2018, with most authorized dealers still operating months-long waiting lists for customers to buy one.
It’s not hard to understand why. The watch’s perfectly proportioned 39mm wide steel case, gold accents on the bezel and dial, and 200m of water resistance make it the closest thing you can buy to a vintage Rolex Submariner under $4,000. (Tudor is a sister brand to Rolex.)
And ever since, watch enthusiasts have been telling Tudor they want one thing: the Black Bay Fifty-Eight in more colors.
Today, Tudor is fulfilling that wish with the Black Bay Fight-Eight in blue just in time for summer. As with the black model, the watch is available on a steel bracelet ($3,700) or on a leather or fabric strap (both $3,375.) If you want one, move quickly, these are sure to command similar wait lists very soon.
More must-read lifestyle coverage from Fortune:
- Eco-cleaning supply startup Blueland’s founder on meeting supply and demand when your competitors can’t
- The Coven’s founders on helping protesters, pivoting after the pandemic, and surviving the reckoning for coworking offices
- Why your next bottle of rosé probably won’t be French
- The founder of paint supply startup Clare on how to use your brand as a social platform
- Social distancing in the skies, temperature checks on the ground: Welcome to the new era of air travel